Finaly

This post, is short but its about something that started out as something that should be very quick to do, (replacement of the paper in the mime-types), into a complete remake of all of the mime-types this time in all sizes.
Representing something like, +/-244 icons, over 3200 files, many hours of work, this is a work I'm proud to have done, but I hope I don't have to do any time soon.... Overall I'm very pleased with them. And tomorrow, I should start to fix some minor bugs in the set. And get back to action icons doing, applications, etc etc.
The new 4,6 desktop release from KDE is coming in very soon, and we are very happy with all the improvements we made into it.... I hope you all enjoy it as much as we enjoy making it....

I leave you the last icon I did for the set......
Its the news mime type in glorious 16x16 pixels very different from the 256x256

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very clear in 16pixels!
Keep up the good work, cheers
Anonymous said…
Haha the small one is very elegant too
Anonymous said…
Icons muito elegantes. Agradeço o bom trabalho.
Anonymous said…
Why "Times" and not "News" in the
Icontext? Is this too obvious?
kdeuser said…
Thank you very much for your great work and effort. The community is glad and proud to have you on board
gumb said…
I also think the word 'Times' could be a bit misleading for that icon, because of the connection with the very common 'Times New Roman' font, and the image of newspaper columns could imply some kind of typesetting or font-related purpose. Not every country has a publication called the ... Times, hence a lot of people might not grasp the context, whereas the word 'news' is probably more internationally understood.
While I might be arguing about the colour of the bikeshed, I have to admit that "Times" seems to be a horrible caption.

It made me think of Times New Roman, not of news.

Sticking to the old principle that icons should obvious and precise yet generic, I would prefer "News" over "Times".

While that will still not help any Chinese users who maybe can't even read our roman letters, it's still the best & most generic choice short of starting to localize icons ;)

Other than that, great work. I do appreciate the effort you are putting into this.


Richard

PS: Why is it on the right? Most newspapers have the title left-aligned or centered.
rspires1952 said…
You have done a magnificent job. Thank you for the hard work. I look forward to all your graphic efforts and they always bring a smile to my face.
Unknown said…
Great work!
Vincenzo said…
[OT]
Hi Nuno,
I would thank you in advance for your wonderful work.
Is there a chance to see an icon set for the mimetype vnd.trolltech.linguist?

Vincenzo

Popular posts from this blog

Design done...

The air we see...

Do you like code? do you like art? Do you love KDE?