QElectroTech, another day another app.

The people over at the http://qelectrotech.org/ project asked me if I could do an icon/logo for them and, my first try was rather miserable because I tried the logo approach with all the logo making rules, a check back to reality made me realize that i should do an application icon.

In the future the application will have checking features, and at that point I think we should remove the precision pen by a Multimeter.

Tomorrow I will be traveling to Berlin for the Amarok developer sprint, our favorite music player crew were so kind to invite me and help me with all the little problems, Amarok Rocks.
But this means that the usual post of the day thing might sufer a bit. So if I don't blog everyday in the next days it just means I'm working hard with all the amarokers in Berlin.

Comments

Ivo Anjo said…
The icon looks great, but the blue part at the top ends 1 pixel higher than the horizontal line passing behind, and to my eyes that combination made it seem like the blue part was wider on one side than on the other of the pen.

De qualquer forma, bom trabalho, como sempre :)
Podstavsky said…
lAnjo - it's an illusion. Probably the same effect will be when the background line equals the blue top. And in my opinion author looked after perspective.

Great icon! :)
Eike Hein said…
My problem is how the white rect seems to extend the blue part of the pen on the left. Almost seems like part of the gradient when seen "from a distance", which then oddly is wider than the pen.
Eike Hein said…
To clarify: With "white rect" I mean the outmost border on the page behind the pen.
Edd said…
I think you shouldn't wait to replace the pen with a multimeter. It would make the purpose of the app clearer, and I think will be more recognizable in small icon sizes than a pen.
Danny Allen said…
Did you spellcheck this post? :)

Danny
kou said…
The branding of ed hardy clothing has also gained in popularity over the past decade. Fashion Cheap Polo Shirts logos used to be limited to The North Face Jackets and tennis rackets; now designer names are splashed across everything from Chaussures Sport to dress tn requin. Branding has become a fashion statement and many cosplay costumes designers have found exciting ways to incorporate their brand cheap ugg boots.
Health News said…
This is a wonderful site. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

Popular posts from this blog

Design done...

The air we see...

Do you like code? do you like art? Do you love KDE?