Something entirely different in Milan

Arrived from Milan quite tired, and still had to pick up my monitor from the store that went dead. So wen i finally arrived Home I just had the strength to get to bed and catch up on my sleep.
So only today I find the time and the monitor to get back to work,
Milan was a lot of fun, amazing people Riccardo did an excellent job, setting the meting and the space, and I'm very happy with the talks we manged to have with the plasma developers, bringing the gap between coders and "people that do pretty pictures" down a lot.
I also managed to start working on a new plasma theme that brings oxygen and plasma together, but without losing identity and difference, something different that looks part of complete experience (I'm very happy with the look).It will also marks the start of truly complete themes, that really theme other plasmids. (this will be a lot of work BTW).
Well in the process of working i also managed to work a bit with Andre on the twiter plasmoid, that its starting to look really cool. Nd the only thing that i was not liking about it was the avatars people were using.
So i did some ;). Extra points to the one that guesses which one is Sebas.

Comments

Unknown said…
That caterpillar is definitely P-man.. Am I right? ;)
Anonymous said…
would be nice to see some pictures of the new theme...
Anonymous said…
No :) P still dosent have that sexy almost Beard ;)
Unknown said…
@nuno: Right, I didn't notice the beard.. ;)
Unknown said…
I'm just curious why this post didn't get on the PlanetKDE..
Anonymous said…
for some reson planet kde seams to remove-me after a wille, clee is trying to fix it.
but im out of planet kde for almost a month :(.
Vladislav said…
The post was on planetkde for me (it got aggregated into Liferea)

Hello Nuno,

Has there been much thought/development on continuing to tweak/improve the oxygen style? If I remember correctly, the style was going to recieve more attention for kde 4.1 but I have not seen many comments / commits about it.
Anonymous said…
Well Oxygen stoped for a wille couse our main coder is way to busy with real life work.
The good news is we have a new coder working so.....
I would like to have an visual anser for some issues in oxygen that i still havent kite got it....mostly scroolbars and progessbars...


Ps im still out of planet kde... this is so wird.
Anonymous said…
Ups seems im in planet again :)
wird....
Unknown said…
Sebas must be the top left one. Must be.
Unknown said…
Oh, and the speaker looks a lot like ruphy. Judging from the pictures, the sun might be Chani, but I haven't seen her in real life so I might be wrong.

Actually, I might be wrong with all of those :D ...and no idea who the caterpillar is, if it's not P.
Anonymous said…
In kde 4.0.3 there is a kinda weird blue frame around the window(the windowdecoration). That does completely not fit into thew hole oxygen-look imo. But when the work on oxygen doesn't go further at the moment it means that I still have to suffer under that blue Frame for a while :(

(Yes I know I can change the color but that does also change the Selection color.)

BTW: When we will see the new Plasma Desktop-Interface-Layout?
Anonymous said…
@Burke: I think that blue frame is only part of the openSUSE 11 choice of theming. It is not part the default of upstream 4.0.3.
Thomas said…
http://nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/oxygen41tests.png

I love the buttons on those mockups.
There are no scrollbars on that mockup but I like the progress bar. I would however suggest using the bright part on the left that currently represents the percents alread loaded (the loaded part) as the default background that's not loaded and make the loaded part have the active colour (here: blue), with the same subtle gradients that there are on the current loaded part.

Popular posts from this blog

Design done...

Do you like code? do you like art? Do you love KDE?

The air we see...